[Logo] FantasticX Support - FantasticX Support
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Women's jersey  XML
Forum Index » FantasticX SDK Support

Bob Costas will not be part of NBC’s coverage of Super Bowl 52,Womens Melvin Ingram Jersey, news that has surprised the sports media world since it’s a departure from plans Costas outlined about a year ago.

when Costas announced he was stepping down as primetime host of NBC’s Olympic coverage, a role to be filled by Mike Tirico at the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang,Last February, he said he expected this year’s Super Bowl to be his football broadcasting swan song. Costas has hosted six Super Bowls throughout his career.

Not this year, as NBC plans to keep its “Football Night in America” team intact. Sunday night host Dan Patrick and Thursday night host Liam McHugh will handle hosting duties in Minneapolis, while Tony Dungy, Rodney Harrison, though, Mike Florio and Chris Simms will also have prominent pre-game roles. Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth, of course, will call the game between the Eagles and Patriots.

Costas painted a doom-and-gloom sort of picture for the sport,Authentic Allen Robinson Jersey,Costas’ absence has sports media observers wondering if comments he made about football at the University of Maryland in November is the reason why. During a roundtable discussion with several other national journalists,Authentic Joey Bosa Jersey, vis a vis head injuries.

” Costas said during the discussion,“The reality is that this game destroys people’s brains,Womens Dalvin Cook Jersey, per USA Today.

as serious as they may be,Womens Dan Fouts Jersey, they may come and go. But you cannot change the nature of the game. I certainly would not let, if I had an athletically gifted 12- or 13-year-old son,“The cracks in the foundation are there. The day-to-day issues, I would not let him play football.

He continued, “The whole thing could collapse like a house of cards if people actually begin connecting the dots."

however, in a pair of statements issued in response to questions about Costas,NBC made no mention of that discussion, one of which was attributed to Costas himself.

respectively, throughout the season and will continue on Super Bowl Sunday,Womens Joey Bosa Jersey,“Dan and Liam have served as hosts for our NFL pregame/studio shows on Sunday nights and Thursday nights,Authentic Melvin Ingram Jersey,” an NBC spokesperson said.

written solidly along the company line,Womens Allen Robinson Jersey, read,Authentic Dan Fouts Jersey,Costas’ statement,Authentic Dalvin Cook Jersey, “Dan and Liam have done the job hosting NBC’s NFL coverage all season. It wouldn’t be right for me to parachute in and do the Super Bowl.”
Forum Index » FantasticX SDK Support
Go to: