[Logo] FantasticX Support - FantasticX Support
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Preseason Sport 2: Clean Orleans Saints vs. Houston Texans  XML
Forum Index » FantasticX SDK Support
aliciahuang

Only three draft picks aren’t signed, and one of them is the third overall pick in the draft.

With the 49ers starting training-camp practice on Friday, the new brain trust in Santa Clara hopes that the deadline drives a decision.

we’re still working on that, and we all are in the business of football,” G.M. John Lynch told reporters on Thursday. “There’s been a lot of productive conversations here in the last couple of days. Just left some of those, I’m aware from experience as a player,Authentic Senquez Golson Jersey, that deadlines typically get these things done and we’re drawing close to that. And,Authentic Sammie Coates Jersey, and we’re hopeful that we can get this done in the necessary time. I think,Authentic Joshua Garnett Jersey,“Yeah,Authentic Will Redmond Jersey, like I said, hopeful that we can continue to make progress and tie this thing up so Solomon can be here with his teammates.”

There’s clearly a sense of urgency to get it done, as demonstrated by coach Kyle Shanahan.

“You want him there right away, but it’s part of the business. It’s something that you’ve got to deal with a little bit every year. That doesn’t always happen,” Shanahan said. “I’m pretty confident that we will get it done, but I think everyone who’s been in the business has been through it. You totally understand it and I think Solomon wants to be here as bad as anyone. I know we want him here as bad as anyone and I’m confident we will get it done,Womens Senquez Golson Jersey,Womens Sammie Coates Jersey, but can’t worry about it too much. I think it will end up being alright.”

It’s unclear why a deal hasn’t been done for Thomas,Authentic DeForest Buckner Jersey, who’s in the same draft spot — and represented by the same firm — as Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa a year ago. For Bosa,Womens DeForest Buckner Jersey,Womens Joshua Garnett Jersey, the issues were guarantee offsets and signing-bonus cash flow. Which are basically the only two issues that can be negotiated under the rookie wage scale.

So it’s safe to assume that the 49ers and Thomas are squabbling about guarantee offsets, signing-bonus cash flow, or both.
aliciahuang

Only three draft picks aren’t signed, and one of them is the third overall pick in the draft.

With the 49ers starting training-camp practice on Friday, the new brain trust in Santa Clara hopes that the deadline drives a decision.

we’re still working on that, and we all are in the business of football,” G.M. John Lynch told reporters on Thursday. “There’s been a lot of productive conversations here in the last couple of days. Just left some of those, I’m aware from experience as a player,Authentic Senquez Golson Jersey, that deadlines typically get these things done and we’re drawing close to that. And,Authentic Sammie Coates Jersey, and we’re hopeful that we can get this done in the necessary time. I think,Authentic Joshua Garnett Jersey,“Yeah,Authentic Will Redmond Jersey, like I said, hopeful that we can continue to make progress and tie this thing up so Solomon can be here with his teammates.”

There’s clearly a sense of urgency to get it done, as demonstrated by coach Kyle Shanahan.

“You want him there right away, but it’s part of the business. It’s something that you’ve got to deal with a little bit every year. That doesn’t always happen,” Shanahan said. “I’m pretty confident that we will get it done, but I think everyone who’s been in the business has been through it. You totally understand it and I think Solomon wants to be here as bad as anyone. I know we want him here as bad as anyone and I’m confident we will get it done,Womens Senquez Golson Jersey,Womens Sammie Coates Jersey, but can’t worry about it too much. I think it will end up being alright.”

It’s unclear why a deal hasn’t been done for Thomas,Authentic DeForest Buckner Jersey, who’s in the same draft spot — and represented by the same firm — as Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa a year ago. For Bosa,Womens DeForest Buckner Jersey,Womens Joshua Garnett Jersey, the issues were guarantee offsets and signing-bonus cash flow. Which are basically the only two issues that can be negotiated under the rookie wage scale.

So it’s safe to assume that the 49ers and Thomas are squabbling about guarantee offsets, signing-bonus cash flow, or both.
aliciahuang

ENGLEWOOD,Womens Jalen Reeves-Maybin Jersey, rookie head coach Vance Joseph has lost two key players to wrist injuries., Colorado (AP) — Just two days into the Denver Broncos' training camp

Linebacker Shane Ray will undergo surgery Saturday to repair a torn ligament in his left wrist a day after running back Devontae Booker underwent surgery to repair a hairline fracture in his left wrist that was misdiagnosed for a month as a sprain.

Ray,Authentic Jarrad Davis Jersey, a first-round pick in 2015,Authentic Teez Tabor Jersey, at Buffalo on Sept. 24.,[url=http://www.lionsfootballauthentic.com/jalen-reeves-maybin-jersey-authentic]
Womens Kenny Golladay Jersey[/url], will miss six to eight weeks. The Broncos are hoping to have him back by their third regular-season game

Booker, learned he needed surgery after reporting for his camp physical Wednesday., who is expected to miss six weeks

Ray figured his injury wasn't a big deal at first.,Just like Booker had

He hurt his wrist Thursday but played through it. On Friday he wore a brace but he fell on it during one of the final drills of practice and was sent for X-rays.

"It's really weird because it's the same area as Booker,[url=http://www.lionsfootballauthentic.com/jarrad-davis-jersey-authentic]
Womens Jarrad Davis Jersey[/url],[url=http://www.lionsfootballauthentic.com/teez-tabor-jersey-authentic]
Womens Teez Tabor Jersey[/url], and he's making strides to have a great year.",Authentic Kenny Golladay Jersey,Authentic Brad Kaaya Jersey," Joseph said. "Booker had the bone that was fractured. (Ray) has the ligament torn that's attached to the same bone that Booker fractured. ... I'm disappointed again for the player more than us. He's worked so hard also

The Broncos were counting on Ray in a big way this year to take some focus off superstar Von Miller following the retirement of DeMarcus Ware and the offseason hip injury to Shaq Barrett .

Denver's defense features a 3-4 scheme,Womens Brad Kaaya Jersey, and the Broncos now are precariously thin at the position.,Authentic Jalen Reeves-Maybin Jersey, so having a multitude of pass rushers is essential

Barrett is expected to be back in September along with Ray and Booker.
aliciahuang

Alejandro Villanueva has done Army Ranger, he's done Carnegie Mellon graduate-level study,Authentic Donald Trump Jersey, he's done West Point degree, he's even done starting-level professional football.

Some things he concedes he can't do? Contract law,Womens Deatrich Wise Jr. Jersey, historical comparables for NFL player salaries or details of the league's collective bargaining agreement with its players union.

“So I had an agent, ‘Listen,Authentic Justin Hardy Jersey,” the Steelers left tackle said,Authentic Mike Tolbert Jersey, whenever you think my employment status is fair, then you let me know, “and I said to him, and then we go from there. If you don't think it's fair, then we will make different decisions.'”

Jason Bernstein,That's how Villanueva approached this offseason and summer before his agent, finally told him earlier this week the Steelers had made what he considered a fair offer.

$24 million contract on the day the Steelers reported for training camp Thursday,Villanueva signed his four-year,[url=http://www.patriotsfootballauthentic.com/donald-trump-jersey-authentic]
Womens Donald Trump Jersey[/url],Authentic Marshon Lattimore Jersey, ending the uncertainty the former exclusive-rights free agent faced throughout the offseason.

“As soon as (Bernstein) told me the contact was fair,[url=http://www.saintsfootballauthentic.com/marshon-lattimore-jersey-authentic]
Womens Marshon Lattimore Jersey[/url],” Villanueva said Friday in his first public comments since the deal was announced. “I didn't want to break the bank. I didn't want to be compared to the top left tackles who signed a deal recently. I couldn't sort of conceive a situation where I would hold out to get more money. It was more,Womens Karlos Dansby Jersey, that's all I needed,Womens Justin Hardy Jersey, ‘If the situation is fair,Womens Mike Tolbert Jersey, then I will be here.' ”

Villanueva said he wasn't convinced an agreement would be reached, but he downplayed the thought he was seriously considering holding out. The Steelers held leverage because under the CBA former undrafted players essentially are tied to their current teams until accruing three seasons. Villanueva has started the Steelers' past 31 games (counting playoffs) at left tackle.

“There's a ‘law'… that was agreed upon between players and owners … and I couldn't fight it, and the draft status is one of them. So when you come in as an undrafted player,” Villanueva said. “There are (CBA rules that) can't be changed, you know that there's going to be more challenges to get rewarded than if you're drafted.”

PSU ALUM GOLDEN SIGNED

The Steelers signed former Penn State safety Malik Golden to fill the roster spot at safety after Daimion Stafford did not report to St. Vincent by Thursday's deadline.

194-pound Golden had 75 tackles and started 13 games last season for Penn State,The 6-foot-1, which finished in the top 10 of the AP poll.

Tomlin said Stafford is considering retirement. He is a four-year veteran the Steelers signed in May.
aliciahuang

For all of Reuben Foster’s collegiate accomplishments,Womens Emmitt Smith Jersey, he now has two picks through three practices during San Francisco 49ers training camp., the linebacker never once recorded an interception at Alabama. And yet

” Foster joked after practice on Sunday.,“I guess the ball has a thing for me

In between the takeaways have been several more head-turning plays both in pass coverage and stopping the run. Foster had one play on Sunday where he shot through the line of scrimmage and stopped Raheem Mostert in his tracks for a 3-yard loss.

The linebacker’s on-field highlights are an added bonus to the fact that Foster is out on the field at all. Foster’s surgically-repaired shoulder scared away a number of NFL teams and was the reason San Francisco nabbed the Crimson Tide alum at such a bargain price.

A consensus top five talent being taken at pick No. 31? That’s a recipe for a draft day steal. And while many of the concerns over Foster’s medical history may have been somewhat justified, Sunday’s practice was a step towards proving his doubters wrong.

Foster was a full participant during the two-hour session in full pads.

“It felt great,” Foster said. “It was a thrill to finally put some pads on.”

Moreover, Foster added that there is no lingering concern about his infamous shoulder.

man,“I’m doing great. (The shoulder is) awesome,” the linebacker said. “(It’s) no problem.”

Foster never dwelled over the constant rehab and physical therapy. What wore on the linebacker was being sidelined throughout the offseason program.

they knew I was itching. They were watching me 24/7. Sometimes I wanted to sneak out there and do a little drill,“I was itching, but at the same time,” Foster said. “The coaches and trainers,Womens Joe Haden Jersey,Womens Dez Bryant Jersey, I had to do what was best for me.”

who had been on track to return for camp,Womens Ezekiel Elliott Jersey,The reigning Butkus Award Winner remained in the Bay Area for a bulk of his summer break. Foster, wasn’t going to leave anything to chance.

“I had to get my shoulder stronger. I’ve built great relationships. Staying here was the best decision so I know how our program works and getting a feel for the Forty Niner way.”

he recorded 170 tackles, 13 for loss and five sacks. Now in San Francisco,Foster primarily played MIKE linebacker at Alabama. As a senior in 2016, he’ll begin his career at WILL linebacker and compete with Malcolm Smith for the starting job next to NaVorro Bowman.

The 49ers coaching staff has Foster running with the third-team, but it’s clear that Foster is acclimating just fine to his new position.

” Kyle Shanahan said on Friday. “Both of those spots are pretty interchangeable. It’s a little bit different when you get them on the line of scrimmage,“It was never a worry of ours, which is our SAM linebacker.

“But Reuben is a football player. He likes to run and hit. If you heard him in the meetings he understands football very well,Authentic Joe Haden Jersey,Authentic Emmitt Smith Jersey,Authentic Dez Bryant Jersey,Authentic Ezekiel Elliott Jersey, and I think he could adjust and play just about anywhere.”
aliciahuang

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) -- The Detroit Lions are having their depth tested on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

The Lions are beginning training camp with high hopes after making the playoffs a season ago,Authentic DeVante Parker Jersey, and defensive linemen Armonty Bryant and Khyri Thornton will be suspended to start the regular season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.,Womens Jordan Phillip Jersey, but they already have their share of issues on the offensive and defensive lines. Offensive tackle Taylor Decker had offseason shoulder surgery

Bryant was suspended four games and Thornton six. Coach Jim Caldwell acknowledged Saturday that the Lions would have to account for their absences when preparing for the season.

''You have to look at those things and make adjustments,'' Caldwell said.,Womens Laquon Treadwell Jersey, which we certainly have talked about and will do

The Lions had their first practice Sunday. Thornton participated,Authentic Trae Waynes Jersey, while Bryant and Decker were on the physically unable to perform list. Also on the PUP list was defensive end Ziggy Ansah.

Detroit made some additions to both lines via free agency, signing guard T.J. Lang, tackle Rick Wagner, defensive tackle Akeem Spence and defensive end Cornelius Washington. The Lions also traded for tackle Greg Robinson and signed tackle Cyrus Kouandjio.

Robinson started 14 games for the Los Angeles Rams last season, and Kouandjio started five for the Buffalo Bills. Robinson and defensive end Cornelius Washington were removed from the non-football injury list before practice Sunday.

Lang understands the importance of cohesion on the offensive line and hopes it won't take too long to identify a replacement for Decker's left tackle spot.

''In a perfect situation, but sometimes competitions like that, you'd like somebody to step in and claim that spot early so you can start building as a unit, they go all the way until the end of camp,'' Lang said. ''Which is also not a bad thing, because it means both guys,Womens DeVante Parker Jersey, however many guys are out there playing that position,Authentic Jordan Phillip Jersey,Authentic Laquon Treadwell Jersey,Authentic Mackensie Alexander Jersey, are really trying hard to take that spot.''

Bryant had three sacks in only five games for Detroit last season. Thornton started six games. Now the Lions will be without both for a while.

''You break the rules and there's penalties. They're going to serve their penalties,Womens Mackensie Alexander Jersey,'' Caldwell said. ''We're disappointed in them,Womens Trae Waynes Jersey, upset with them, but the fact of the matter is, the whole bit, every situation and case is handled differently and so they'll be punished for it.''

Caldwell did not provide any timetable Sunday for Ansah's return.

NOTES: Caldwell said after practice that TE Eric Ebron had ''a little bit of a tweak'' - perhaps to a hamstring. ... The Lions signed S Glover Quin to a contract extension through the 2019 season. Quin has played the past four seasons for Detroit. He's made 116 consecutive regular-season starts, the most of any active safety in the NFL. This would have been the final season of his contract. ... ''It felt great. This was something that I wanted, and obviously with the front office getting it done,'' Quin said. ''Going into the last year of a contract, it was something that they wanted as well, you just never know what's going to happen.''
aliciahuang

Oxnard, drawing a rebuke from the staff of the Dallas Cowboys for overdoing things when the defensive end turned up sore after missing all of his first season with a back injury., Calif. — Charles Tapper churned on an exercise machine early one morning at training camp

Tapper can’t help but think of himself as another rookie alongside first-round pick Taco Charlton, even though the former Oklahoma player has been in the NFL a year longer.,Womens Darron Lee Jersey, also a pass rusher

He didn’t play a down in 2016, before joining Charlton in the Hall of Fame game last week.,Womens Christian Hackenberg Jersey, preseason included

Both are promising young players trying to lift a Dallas pass rush that’s been mediocre or worse for three straight seasons,Womens Jordan Jenkins Jersey, who beat them both times., two of them playoff campaigns that might have been longer if the Cowboys had put more pressure on Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers

“I feel like we’re in the same boat,Authentic Devin Smith Jersey, who was chosen 34 picks before star rookie quarterback Dak Prescott in the fourth round last year.,” said Tapper

“Because I feel like I’m a rookie all over again. I’m still striving for that first (regular-season) game, still trying to get that first sack and I’m still hungry for it.”

The Cowboys believe Tapper’s speed can make him an effective rusher, long arms and athleticism., and they drafted Charlton out of Michigan because of his height (6-foot-6)

Dallas got Charlton with the 28th pick after finishing with the best record in the NFC (13-3) and losing to the Packers in a divisional playoff.

It was the third time in four drafts the Cowboys took a defensive end in the first two rounds.

DeMarcus Lawrence (second round, 2014) is looking for a breakout season after back issues slowed him his first three years.

Randy Gregory (second round, suspended for at least the regular season because of multiple substance-abuse violations., 2015) is a washout so far

The possibility that Gregory’s career is over essentially before it started rates as one of the biggest reasons Charlton and Tapper are important.

“We count on both of them because they’re young, good, young legs,” defensive coordinator and defensive line coach Rod Marinelli said. “We’ve got to get that part out of them. We’ve got to.”, fast, they’re healthy

Charlton, who had 9 1/2 sacks as a senior at Michigan and 18 1/2 for his career, but didn’t show up in the tackle stats.,Authentic Darron Lee Jersey, didn’t shine much early in his first camp. He played 16 snaps in the 20-18 Hall of Fame win over Arizona

In the past five Dallas drafts,Authentic Christian Hackenberg Jersey, the first-round picks have started at least 11 games as rookies. Three of them — center Travis Frederick,Authentic Jordan Jenkins Jersey,Authentic Leonard Williams Jersey, and the only game missed between them was Elliott sitting for the regular-season finale last season when the Cowboys had already clinched the top seed in the NFC.,Womens Leonard Williams Jersey,Womens Devin Smith Jersey, right guard Zack Martin and 2016 NFL rushing leader Ezekiel Elliott — were walk-in starters

“Right now I’m just working with the best, working to earn my spot on the defensive line, veteran group. The first couple of days I came out to earn my keep and work into the starting group.”,” said Charlton, who has dealt with minor back soreness in camp. “We’re a deep

Three defensive ends will be suspended to start the season: Gregory, Tyrone Crawford, performance-enhancing drugs violation) and Damontre Moore (two games, David Irving (four games, substance-abuse violation). The most experienced end, might be out to start the season after badly spraining his right ankle in camp this week.

Just add the looming opportunity to the list of reasons coaches, medical personnel and teammates have had to chastise Tapper for not pacing himself. He’s admittedly anxious.

” said Tapper,“You want to get back to yourself as quick as possible, who has battled some hip soreness in camp.

man,“You’re like, I’m not getting off as fast as I used to. You want to rush that process to getting back into it. You can’t rush the process. It’s the process for a reason.”
aliciahuang

T.J. Watt didn't look like anyone's littler brother in his NFL debut Friday.

drawing the attention of older brother J.J. Watt on social media.,Womens Dede Westbrook Jersey,The Pittsburgh Steelers rookie pass-rusher burst onto the scene with two sacks in his first four defensive plays against the New York Giants

chasing down quarterback Josh Johnson before he got rid of the ball.,Womens Tanoh Kpassagnon Jersey,Watt nearly had a third sack later in the half

Coach Mike Tomlin is pleased with Watt's overall play but didn't go too far in his praise during a halftime interview with KDKA-TV (Pittsburgh).

" said Tomlin with a smile. "I don't want him to get disillusioned. But I do like the things that I've sent thus far.","Authentic Patrick Mahomes II Jersey,Those will probably be the two easiest sacks of his (NFL career)

On the Giants' first drive, Watt pushed back the tackle and grabbed Johnson as he tried to escape the pocket on third down. The rush from nose tackle Javon Hargrave forced Johnson to run. On next defensive play,Womens Patrick Mahomes II Jersey, Watt went unblocked and didn't fall for the run fake,Womens Leonard Fournette Jersey, resulting in a one-on-one tackle of Johnson.

Watt,Womens Cam Robinson Jersey, the No. 30 overall pick in April's draft, Authentic Cam Robinson Jersey,consistently won off the edge, Authentic Tanoh Kpassagnon Jersey,building off his solid training camp. Watt is a candidate to start but might start the year behind 39-year-old James Harrison.

"I'm trying to get a spot. I don't have time to hit a (rookie) wall," said Watt after a recent practice. In other Steelers rookie news, Authentic Dede Westbrook Jersey,wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster left the game in the first quarter with a concussion. The second-round pick finished with two touches for 13 yards. Fourth-round quarterback Josh Dobbs completed 5-of-10 passes for 83 yards and one touchdown,Authentic Leonard Fournette Jersey, shaking off two early interceptions with a 28-yard touchdown strike to Cobi Hamilton.

aliciahuang

Jeffrey Loria bought the Florida Marlins in 2002 and the next season the club won a wild card and would rally to

beat the Cubs in a memorable NLCS and upset the Yankees to win the second World Series in franchise history.

Since winning that World Series, the Marlins haven’t made the playoffs. Key pieces like Derrek Lee,

Authentic Jeremy Maclin Jersey,

Josh Beckett and Brad Penny were traded away and Miguel Cabrera was eventually traded after the 2007 season.

They’ve finished as high as second place just once since 2003 and are headed for their eighth consecutive losing

season. It’s safe to say that nobody is really going to miss Jeffrey Loria as owner of the Marlins.

The Miami Herald reported that Loria has agreed to sell the team to a group led by billionaire money manager Bruce

Sherman and former Yankees great Derek Jeter for $1.2 billion. Sherman, a venture capitalist with ties to Florida,

Womens Elvis Dumervil Jersey, would

be the managing general partner of the group of investors (which includes Michael Jordan),

Womens Karlos Dansby Jersey,

while Jeter,[url=http://www.falconsfootballauthentic.com/justin-hardy-jersey-authentic]Womens Justin Hardy Jersey

[/url], who is reportedly investing $25 million of his own money, would run the franchise on both the business and

baseball operations ends.

but,Loria’s ultimate legacy will be that of a lousy and disliked owner, in one sense, he outfoxed everyone all

along. His original investment was $30 million in the Montreal Expos. Some of his former partners there accused him

of deliberately destroying baseball in Montreal. He became part of a controversial swap that allowed him to buy the

Marlins and then-Marlins owner John Henry to purchase the Red Sox while the league-owned Expos were eventually

relocated to Washington, D.C.

After crying poor for years, Miami-Dade County finally caved and helped build Loria a stadium in what will be an

economically disastrous deal for the county: a $91 million loan will eventually cost the county more than $1 billion

to pay off. That’s not Loria’s fault, but the new stadium has done little to improve the Marlins’ fortunes.

Loria’s game plan seemed simple: Keep the payroll as low as possible while cashing a big revenue-sharing check.

The Marlins ran the majors’ lowest payroll in 2006,For years,Authentic Mike Tolbert Jersey, 2008, 2009, 2014 and 2015 while ranking second-lowest

in two other seasons. The Marlins undoubtedly were profitable many of those years despite poor attendance and poor

TV revenue. In fact, but had no idea how to build a successful franchise. The team has rarely invested in Latin

America and the farm system has turned into one of the weakest in the game in recent years., in 2010 the club was

forced to raise its payroll after reaching an agreement with the union. Ultimately,

Womens Jeremy Maclin Jersey, this

was a skinflint owner who may have liked baseball

The past two seasons,[url=http://www.49ersfootballauthentic.com/elvis-dumervil-jersey-authentic]Authentic Elvis

Dumervil Jersey[/url], the Marlins did raise their payroll,[url=http://www.cardinalsfootballauthentic.com/karlos-

dansby-jersey-authentic]Authentic Karlos Dansby Jersey[/url], essentially doubling the total from 2015,

Authentic Justin Hardy Jersey,

according to a source who has seen their books.” The team reportedly carried a debt of $500 million.,

Womens Mike Tolbert Jersey, and the

club had the 20th-highest Opening Day payroll. Unfortunately, the product on the field remained mediocre and the

Herald reported that “The Marlins are expected to lose more than $60 million this season

If that’s the case, I guess the billion-dollar question is what Sherman, Jeter and Co. can hope for with this

purchase. Loria’s ultimate failure wasn’t just on the field, but in building a fan base. The team ranks last in

attendance in the National League -- just as it has each season since 2006, who wants to support a team that is

suing one of its own fans?, except for the first year in the new ballpark. Maybe that’s not Loria’s fault. It

could be that Miami just isn’t a good baseball city (or sports city, for that matter). But it’s also true that the

fans were treated to the sell-off after 1997 and then Loria’s slow sell-off of the 2003 team. It also takes a

generation or two to form a history and loyalty needed for consistent support. Still

Winning over the fans may be tougher than building a winning team, and who knows how much the team’s finances will

affect the new owners and the ability to spend on payroll (it doesn’t help that Giancarlo Stanton’s salary

increases from $14.5 million to $25 million next season and escalates from there if he doesn’t opt out).

The other unknown is Jeter. He was obviously a great player, it’s difficult to get a read on Jeter’s potential

acumen in running a team. He was always the master of being accessible without ever saying anything that was

interesting., but that doesn’t mean he’ll be great at running a baseball team. It also doesn’t mean he won’t be

great. It’s impossible to know. As good a player as he was

Still, there’s hope in Miami., this can only be viewed as positive news in South Florida. The franchise needs new

blood and new ideas. Good riddance to a bad owner. For the first time in a long time
aliciahuang

BEREA, Ohio (AP) -- Joel Bitonio's comeback from a major injury has been stalled.

Cleveland's starting left guard - and one of the Browns best players - could be out for an extended period with an unspecified knee injury.

whose previous two seasons have ended prematurely because of injuries,The team said Bitonio, got hurt during Tuesday's practice.

Also, a former starter and first-round pick, backup tackle Cam Erving, injured his calf during the workout and could be out for a few weeks. The Browns did not say which legs the players hurt.

Coach Hue Jackson is hopeful both will be back for the Sept. 10 season opener against Pittsburgh. Bitonio and Erving are officially out of Monday night's game against the New York Giants.

''We will see where they are and hopefully,'' Jackson said. ''I know our medical staff, we get them back as soon as we can, they do everything they can to get our guys back soon. But I don't think it is anything major that is going to keep them out a ton of time. I just think we have to work through some things to make sure we get those guys both healthy.''

Bitonio played in just five games last season after he suffered a foot injury late in the first half of a loss to New England. He stayed in the game but wound up having ligament surgery. A year earlier,Authentic Ryan Anderson Jersey, Bitonio's season was cut short after 10 games by an ankle injury.

Jackson was asked if he's concerned by Bitonio's rash of injuries.

'' he said. ''Things happen,Authentic Fabian Moreau Jersey,''Trust me,Womens Samaje Perine Jersey, and so hopefully we will get him back. I know we will get him back. I am very comfortable and confident that he will be back and will be back soon - sooner rather than later - and be ready to play. He is very competitive. He wants to be out here right now. Again,Authentic Colt McCoy Jersey, this is not Joel doing this, we will get through this. It is nothing major. We are going to be fine.''

Bitonio's injuries didn't stop the Browns from signing him to a five-year, $47.5 million contract in March.

Before the team revealed Bitonio's latest injury, Pro Bowl tackle Joe Thomas said having him back would bolster Cleveland's offensive line.

one of the best guards in the NFL and having him out there is a huge boost for us in the run game and the pass game,''Joel is,'' Thomas said. ''Emotionally he brings an energy and enthusiasm on the offense that can kind of help lift all the boats on the offense. He's like the tide. When he comes in, in my opinion,Authentic Montae Nicholson Jersey, everyone just gets lifted.''

who made 10 starts last season at right guard and two at center,Womens Fabian Moreau Jersey, John Greco,Womens Ryan Anderson Jersey,took Bitonio's spot on Wednesday.

Erving is competing with Shon Coleman for the starting job at right tackle. He filled in for Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas in the exhibition opener and was penalized for a false start and hold on Cleveland's opening possession.

Jackson gave a lukewarm assessment of Erving's camp so far.

too,Authentic Samaje Perine Jersey,''He has shown some good things. He has shown some inconsistency,Womens Montae Nicholson Jersey,Womens Colt McCoy Jersey,'' Jackson said. ''He needs to continue to get better.''
aliciahuang

It goes without saying that if the Patriots knew Tom Brady was going to be Tom Brady,Authentic Khalil Mack Jersey, they wouldn’t have waited until the sixth round to take him. They’d have taken him in the first round.

Here’s the thing, though: Not taking Brady in the first round never hurt the Patriots. It actually might in the case of Jimmy Garoppolo.

The Patriots should have drafted Garoppolo in the first round. Seriously.

Of course this is being said in hindsight,Womens Derek Carr Jersey, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s true. If the Patriots drafted Garoppolo in the first round rather than the second in 2014, they’d be paying him a bit more but they'd also have him for an extra year on his rookie deal thanks to the fifth-year option that exists for first-round picks. With Brady not yet done and potential years of franchising ahead,Womens Amari Cooper Jersey, that extra season of Garoppolo’s rookie deal could prove to be crucial.

First,Womens Obi Melifonwu Jersey, Garoppolo’s selection in the second round turned heads. Them taking him a round earlier (which would have put his selection before Teddy Bridgewater’s) might have made those very same heads explode. , a look back at the 2014 draft. As you may recall

That would have been the right move, however, a player they put on IR in back-to-back seasons before releasing. He enjoyed a bounceback campaign with the Rams last season, Authentic Amari Cooper Jersey,especially when you consider what they did with that first-round pick. The Pats took Dominique Easley 29th overall,Authentic Derek Carr Jersey, but his 2017 season is already over after tearing his ACL in training camp.

So say the Pats didn’t take Easley and instead chose to shock the world and take Garoppolo. Here’s where they’d stand: They’d have paid Garoppolo more by now (Bridgewater,502 contract, taken three picks after where the Pats picked in the first, got a four-year $6,849,Womens Khalil Mack Jersey, whereas Garoppolo got $3,Authentic Gareon Conley Jersey,483,898 over four years),Womens Gareon Conley Jersey, but they would not yet be facing the question of what’s next.

Garoppolo will be a free agent at season’s end,Authentic Obi Melifonwu Jersey, at which point the Patriots might need to franchise him or use the transition tag to retain his services. Had they taken him in the first round and exercised the fifth-year option, they wouldn’t need to worry about the franchise tag until the 2019 season, at which point Brady would be 42. That’s a much easier pill to swallow for one year if they’re seriously entertaining making a switch to Garoppolo the year after in 2020.

So what would that fifth-year option cost? For first-round picks taken outside of the top 10, the salary is calculated by averaging the third through 25th-highest salaries at the player’s position in the fourth year of the deal. My math has it at $10,419,198,705.70; CBS Sports (which has a chart and is therefore likely way more correct) has it at $12,000.

That isn’t chump change, the franchise tag for a quarterback is $21.268 million. That number will only be higher a year later. , but it is compared to having to pay for the franchise tag. This season

The Patriots seemingly indicated by not trading Garoppolo this offseason that they believe in him. It was a bold stance to take when they seemingly could have gotten a haul of draft picks. If the Pats had taken as bold a stance on draft back a few years back, perhaps their future at quarterback would be just a tad less murky.
aliciahuang

Ga. (AP) -- The Falcons' Devonta Freeman has concussion symptoms and the team is taking no chances with the league's highest-paid running back.,Womens Brad Kaaya Jersey,FLOWERY BRANCH

He has been ruled out this week's preseason game at Pittsburgh in what coach Dan Quinn described as a precaution.

Freeman left Sunday's practice with what was announced as heat-related issues. Quinn said Monday that Freeman reported the symptoms after leaving the field and has been placed in the concussion protocol.

'' Quinn said.,''He may start practicing as we go but we'll rule him out for now for the game as more of a precautionary note

$41.25 million extension with Freeman. The deal makes Freeman the league's highest-paid running back in terms of the overall package.,Authentic Kenny Golladay Jersey, The Falcons agreed to terms Wednesday on a five-year

Freeman had only one carry for three yards and caught a 15-yard touchdown pass from Matt Ryan on Atlanta's opening drive of their 23-20 preseason loss at Miami on Thursday night. Freeman did not play after the opening drive and likely was in store for a similarly limited role in Sunday's game at Pittsburgh.

Freeman has rushed for more than 1,000 yards with 11 touchdowns in back-to-back seasons. That consistent production, earned him the big contract extension.,Authentic Jarrad Davis Jersey, combined with 200 catches in his first three seasons

Quinn said he didn't need to see much more from Freeman in the preseason. The emphasis will be making sure the running back is healthy for the regular season.

'' Quinn said.,''In those situations it's always better to play it safe and go through the whole protocol with him to make sure he's at his best

not just in the run game but in the pass game as well.'',Womens Teez Tabor Jersey,Quinn said Freeman ''has had a great camp'' and has been impressive with ''the speed that he's playing with

but we'll get him back out here shortly.'',Authentic Brad Kaaya Jersey,Quinn said Freeman ''was disappointed he wasn't able to be out here today

Tevin Coleman took over first-team snaps at running back. Coleman is expected to start against Pittsburgh but Quinn plans to focus on the competition for the third running back spot. The top candidates are Terron Ward,Womens Jalen Reeves-Maybin Jersey, and rookie Brian Hill., who had some carries behind Coleman with the starters

'' Quinn said.,''We've got real competition at running back and I am trying to find out quite a bit about a number of guys

The team broke training camp after the practice.

''Our aim was to throw the best camp we've had yet and I believe we've done that, entering his third season with Atlanta. ''We're getting a lot closer to the style of ball that we like to play.'','' said Quinn

'' said WR Julio Jones,NOTES: The end of camp means players can move out of the apartments at the practice facility and return to their homes. ''It feels good to be able to go home and spend multiple nights in your own bed, who said he is ''ready to go'' after his second straight full day in pads. Jones,[url=http://www.lionsfootballauthentic.com/jarrad-davis-jersey-authentic]
Womens Jarrad Davis Jersey[/url], who has been limited in camp following offseason foot surgery,Authentic Teez Tabor Jersey,was held out against Miami and isn't sure he'll play against the Steelers. ''We're not rushing anything,Womens Kenny Golladay Jersey,'' he said. ''We know what I can do.'' ... Practice ended with lineman catching 40-yard punts to decide a scrimmage challenge between a team led by the No. 1 offense and a team featuring the No. 1 defense. OT Ryan Schraeder,Authentic Jalen Reeves-Maybin Jersey, DT Dontari Poe, and OT Jake Matthews caught punts before DT Grady Jarrett dropped his punt to set off a celebration by the offense. ''Obviously, offense won,'' Jones bragged.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 22/08/2017 02:03:36

aliciahuang

COSTA MESA, Calif. (AP) -- After not having much to cheer about in their preseason opener, the Los Angeles Chargers defense was back at full volume Wednesday.

Cornerback Trevor Williams sparked cheers from his fellow defensive backs after breaking up a long pass to wide receiver Tyrell Williams.

A diving interception along the sideline by veteran safety Dwight Lowery resulted in more celebrations. And then there was the constant chirping of safety Tre Boston, not associated with any one particular play.

''Tre just likes to talk in general. Which is OK,'' coach Anthony Lynn said. ''The guys were banging a little bit. I thought it was a good practice.''

Getting the noise level back up was a welcome sign for defensive coordinator Gus Bradley, who critiqued the low energy level on his side of the ball in a 48-17 loss to the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday.

It was especially evident the further the Chargers went down their depth chart, as Seahawks backup Trevone Boykin and No. 3 quarterback Austin Davis combined to go 19 of 24 for 297 yards and one touchdown.

The Chargers gave up six pass plays of more than 20 yards,Womens John Ross Jersey, and perhaps the lone highlight for the secondary was rookie cornerback Desmond King's interception.

'' Bradley said.,Womens Joe Mixon Jersey,''It showed multiple times,Womens Jordan Willis Jersey, plays being made,Womens Carl Lawson Jersey, not a lot of enthusiasm

''But, that helps,Womens Josh Malone Jersey, again, I think it's just getting out there for the first time, and I think when you have some success and you have some good things happen, playing with guys that maybe haven't played with and getting a feel for that. It's an energetic group, too.''

Getting cornerback Jason Verrett back on the field would definitely qualify. Verrett could see his first game action this week since tearing the ACL in his left knee last October, with Bradley saying a decision would be made later this week on his availability.

Before that decision comes, the Chargers will host the New Orleans Saints for two days of joint practices before they play Sunday.

The defense already has to deal with Philip Rivers in practice and saw Russell Wilson for one series in the Chargers' first game at StubHub Center.

Bradley views the challenge of Saints star Drew Brees as a welcome one that will help the defense continue to adjust to a new 4-3 alignment.

''When you talk about trying to mature as a defense - you're going against Russell and Drew and Philip every day - I mean, it's really a great environment for that,'' Bradley said.

Bradley's main focus is at middle linebacker after starter Denzel Perryman suffered an ankle injury against Seattle that required surgery. With Perryman expected to miss at least two months,Authentic John Ross Jersey, that leaves Nick Dzubnar and Korey Toomer competing to replace him.

The top priority for a middle linebacker is relaying the defensive play call and making sure everyone is lined up in the right spot,Authentic Joe Mixon Jersey, Bradley said.

while Toomer is the better athlete.,Authentic Jordan Willis Jersey,That might give Dzubnar,Authentic Carl Lawson Jersey, entering his third season out of Cal Poly,Authentic Josh Malone Jersey, a slight edge at the moment. Bradley described Dzubnar as a strong leader who is rarely out of position

''It's just the pre-snap process that we're working on with him,'' Bradley said. ''Both of them have some things that we need to work on, but they have some traits that we're excited about.''

Bradley didn't rule out having Dzubnar and Toomer split time depending on situations or personnel packages.

But vocal leadership will be key for whoever steps in to replace Perryman.

''We have to look at that and just see who steps up to that calling because you're facing the huddle and you got Brandon Mebane and Joey Bosa and Jahleel (Addae) and Jason Verrett,'' Bradley said.

''And we're looking for a guy to take charge, so that's really been the emphasis of that position now.''
aliciahuang

BEREA, Ohio (AP) -- Kicker Cody Parkey thought he had shown the Browns he could handle anything during a topsy-turvy 2016 season.

makes and misses, lows,Through the highs, he was steady.

And then draft day arrived.

who made the Pro Bowl as a rookie for Philadelphia in 2014 only to be waived two years later, Parkey,After missing three field goals in his debut last season, rebounded and converted 20 of 22 attempts. His personal comeback was lost in the mess of the Browns' horrendous 1-15 season.

Parkey was confident the Browns believed in him,Authentic Jim Brown Jersey,When it ended,Authentic Joe Haden Jersey, and the 27-year-old assumed his job was secure - at least for another season.

the most prolific kicker in college history,That all changed when the team selected Arizona State All-American Zane Gonzalez,Authentic Emmitt Smith Jersey, in the seventh round of this year's NFL draft.

'' Parkey said Monday. ''But I was reassured that it was going to be an open competition. And it just kind of makes me want to work harder,''I was kind of taken aback,Womens Dez Bryant Jersey, just to prove people wrong about me.''

Quarterback isn't the only tight competition in Browns camp.

The kicking battle between Parkey and Gonzalez has evolved into one of the tightest this summer, with each squib and shank analyzed and graded.

Parkey has been more consistent, but coach Hue Jackson indicated that the starting job remains up for grabs.

''I think it is kind of close,'' he said. ''I am not going to say which way it is.''

the first kicker drafted by the Browns since 1989,Parkey said Gonzalez, has made him better.

''Competition breeds success,'' he said. ''But at the end of the day I'm competing against myself. I'm not trying to beat Zane that day. I'm trying to beat myself.''

A year ago, Parkey wasn't even on the Browns' radar.

He was with the Eagles last summer, fighting for a job after a serious groin injury prematurely ended his 2015 season. Parkey was released in September and was looking for a tryout when Browns called him with an emergency.

Kicker Patrick Murray had sustained a season-ending knee injury in practice, and the Browns needed him for their Sept. 25 game in Miami.

only worked with holder Britton Colquitt and Charley Hughlett in warmups and proceeded to miss three field goals,Parkey rushed to Florida, including a potential game-winner from 46 yards at the end of regulation.

and it would have been easy for them to move on. Instead,The Browns lost in overtime, they gave Parkey another chance.

which was honestly awesome,Womens Andy Dalton Jersey,''They gave me another game,Womens Jim Brown Jersey,'' he said. ''They believed in me. I didn't have a good first game. There is no way to sugarcoat that. But I think the definition of a good kicker is how you respond because you are going to miss a kick here and there.''

Parkey was hard on himself,Womens Joe Haden Jersey, but was finally able to shake the Miami meltdown.

'' he said. ''You're one of 32 guys in the world that's able to do this. I've been to a Pro Bowl. I've done it all,Authentic Dez Bryant Jersey,''You just gotta go out there and hit your ball and trust that you're here for a reason, so I just have to remind myself: '''I'm good enough to be in this league.'''

Gonzalez feels the same way. The career FBS leader with 96 field goals and 494 points,Womens Emmitt Smith Jersey, he was honored as the Lou Groza Award winner as the nation's top kicker last year.

He didn't understand the award's significance until he arrived at team headquarters, located at 76 Lou Groza Blvd. and named for the Browns Hall of Famer.

''It's a pretty special feeling,'' Gonzalez said. ''I didn't really realize it was that big a deal until I got here the first time and I saw Lou Groza right on the front door. It's just awesome to look back and know that I did win that award and now I'm here.''

an interception and massive hit on WR Rannell Hall. Jackson said Peppers has steadily improved during camp and displayed the same versatility he showed at Michigan. ''He's shown you he can play everywhere, and he hopes his team will continue to honor the flag. ''I would hope that we don't have those issues,'' Jackson said. ... Jackson respects the rights of players who have protested during the national anthem,NOTES: Rookie safety Jabrill Peppers had a strong practice with a few pass breakups,'' he said. ''I understand there is a lot going on in the world. I like to just keep it here. Hopefully,Authentic Ezekiel Elliott Jersey, that won't happen.''

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/08/2017 06:44:39

aliciahuang

The NFL's controversial decision to suspend Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott after a yearlong investigation into domestic violence allegations has spurred debate about whether the punishment is too severe.

But domestic violence experts said the NFL took a necessary and crucial stand Friday.

Richard Gelles, said he believes the league did what Jerry Jones should have done. , a professor of social policy at the University of Pennsylvania who has consulted with the NFL regarding domestic violence sanctions and written several books on the subject

"The message the NFL sent to Jerry Jones is,Authentic Eric Kendricks Jersey, 'You're supposed to take care of your own problems and that if you don't,Authentic Danielle Hunter Jersey, we will,Womens Cyrus Jones Jersey,'" Gelles said. "History doesn't give you any confidence that Dallas will handle these issues when they arise."

No criminal charges have been filed against Elliott. Unlike in a court of law,Womens Jacoby Brissett Jersey, the NFL can make disciplinary decisions based on probable cause rather than proof beyond a reasonable doubt, adding that it needs to be this way,Womens Joe Thuney Jersey, Gelles said, especially when it comes to domestic violence.

Punishment needs to be expected and consistent, he said.

"The point of all of this is if you want to deter behavior that you believe to be unacceptable," Gelles said. "It's less important that it be severe and most important that it be certain. , the punishment has to be certain

"It sends a message that they're not going to tolerate domestic violence, you have to send this message.", and it sends a message to players like Ezekiel Elliott that their careers are on the line. If you want domestic violence to decline

Bianca Jackson, said the NFL's decision to suspend Elliott is an example of a new trend in how domestic violence is treated and discussed in the public arena., senior director of fund and community development for Genesis Women's Shelter

"To me," she said. , it shows us that there is now a social consequence regarding domestic violence. Now there's this public court of opinion that puts on pressure

Domestic violence, often comes with a pattern of abuse and control that escalates. In order to break that pattern for abusers, Jackson said,Womens Eric Kendricks Jersey, "it has to be worth it to stop and it has to be very uncomfortable for them to do it,Womens Danielle Hunter Jersey, Jackson said it seems as though that's exactly what the NFL is doing,Authentic Jacoby Brissett Jersey," she said. In Elliott's case,Authentic Joe Thuney Jersey, setting a precedent that it's not worth it.

Dallas City Council member Jennifer Staubach Gates, has long felt the conflict between her love of the team and her work as an advocate for domestic violence victims., the daughter of famed Dallas Cowboys quarterback Roger Staubach

Gates said Friday that the NFL's recent letter to Elliott, suggests that the league is moving in the right direction when it comes to taking a stand against domestic violence., which explains its investigation and findings

"I know it's a business, and they're in the industry to win the Super Bowl," said Gates, who is chairwoman of Dallas' Domestic Violence Task Force. "But you still have to have standards."

Gates said from the outside looking in, it appears that the NFL's investigation was very fair. "I think the NFL has stood up and said we're going to do the right thing. I would hope the Cowboys will follow."

The criticism that inevitably follows a decision like this is misplaced, Gates said.

"He made a really bad choice. It's not the choice of the NFL. … It was Zeke's choice to engage in that conduct. Let's make the question … 'Why did this person do that?' vs. making excuses for the consequence or questioning the consequence.

"They're regular human beings,Authentic Cyrus Jones Jersey, and so they should be held to a different standard.", but we lift them up to a different standard. And that's the reality.

Forum Index » FantasticX SDK Support
Go to: